Types of Visas

A visa is a document showing that a person is authorized to enter or leave a country for which it was issued. The authorization may be a separate document, or more commonly, a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport. Some countries do not require a visa where a treaty is in place. If you are in need of an immigration attorney, we can refer a licensed attorney to you.

Work Visas

  • H-1B Visas
    People working in specialty occupations requiring at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in the on-the-job experience, and distinguished fashion models.
  • H-2A Visas
    Temporary agricultural workers coming to the U.S. to fill positions for which a temporary shortage of American workers has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
  • H2B Visa
    Temporary workers of various types coming to the U.S. to perform temporary jobs for which there is a shortage of available, qualified American workers.
  • H-3 Visas
    Temporary trainees coming to the U.S. for on-the-job training unavailable in their home countries.
  • L-1 Visas
    Intracompany transferees who work as managers, executives, or people with specialized knowledge.
  • TN Visas
    Work visas for Canadians and Mexicans under the NAFTA free trade agreement.

Permanent Visas

  • Green Card for Physicians in Underserved Areas.
  • Green Card: EB-1.
  • Green Card: EB-2.
  • Green Card: EB-3 for Workers.
  • Green Card: EB-3 for Nurses and Physical Therapists.
  • Green Card: EB-2 National Interest Waivers (NIW).
  • Green Card: EB-5 Investment.

Temporary Visas

  • B-1 Visas
    Business visitors.
  • B-2 Visas
    Visitors for tourism or medical treatment.
  • E-1 Visas
    Treaty traders working for a U.S. trading company that does 50% or more of its business with the trader's home country.
  • E-2 Visas
    Treaty investors working for a U.S. company with 50% or more of its investment capital coming from the worker's home country.
  • F-1 Visas
    Academic or language students.
  • J-1 Visas
    Exchange visitors coming to the U.S. to study, work, or train as part of an exchange program officially recognized by the U.S. Information Agency.
  • K-1 Visas
    Fiances or fiancees of U.S. citizens coming to the U.S. for the purpose of getting married.
  • O-1 Visas
    Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics.
  • P-1 Visas
    Internationally recognized athletes and entertainers, and their essential support staff.
  • P-2 Visas
    Entertainers coming to perform in the U.S. through a government-recognized exchange program.
  • P-3 Visas
    Artists and entertainers coming to the U.S. in a group to present culturally unique performances.
  • Q-1 Visas
    Exchange visitors coming to the U.S. to participate in international cultural exchange programs.
  • R-1 Visas
    Minister and other religious workers.

Immigration Attorneys


Office: 818-991-5200
Direct: 818-991-9019